Updated: May 13
Hello, it's meeeeeeeee.
Welcome to The Bleached Curl! Thank you for stopping by to read what my endless mind has to say about fashion, lifestyle, travel and beauty. I thought'd I'd take some time to introduce myself to you and share some facts about myself to get down to the personal biz. It's not a blog if you don't know the blogger, right?! With that being said, here are 20 fun facts about me!
1. I graduated college in three years from a smaller university in Minnesota. I have a B.A. in Professional Writing and Communication with a double minor in marketing and public relations. I graduated at the age of 20, so I'm pretty proud about that (but here's to getting at those loans!)
2. I have had various jobs and internships in the writing industry during college as a fashion columnist, content creator, EIC, featuring writing and more (you can find my past stories here and here). I currently work as a Social Media Ad Specialist at a company in the Twin Cities and I absolutely love it! After job hunting for literally eight months (yes, eight), I feel like I truly lucked out with my position and friends I've made there.
3. My top five favorite things in the world are: sunsets, Taylor Swift, traveling, my family (and dog), and learning something new.
4. I love to journal. I think it's the best form of catharsis and I love using it to write down inspiration and ideas.
5. I am the most die-hard Taylor fan. Like ever. Since 2008, I have stanned her like no other, and I look up to her in so many ways. I have been to 16 of her concerts total, and have traveled to seven different states to see her live in concert lol. I've also met Taylor two times, during both the 1989 World Tour and reputation Stadium Tour (*prays I don't get attacked for this...yes, that is a real thing in the TS fandom). The most recent time I met her, I asked her to hand-write lyrics from my favorite song, "Holy Ground," for me to get them tattooed. She so kindly did it with the biggest smile on her face and now I'll always have something meaningful between just her and me.
6. I love to travel. I honestly wish I had the time and money to drop everything and travel the world because I so would. In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful parts of our lives, being able to travel. I'm always so grateful when I get to travel somewhere and see somewhere new. My favorite places are New York City, La Jolla, Naples, Melbourne Beach and Nashville. Check out my travel posts here.
7. I have the biggest love for my dog, Tony...and for all dogs in general, but I love my boy. He's 14 (98 in dog years) and is still the biggest trooper, always wanting to go to the park to run, always jumping in the car, and always wanting to play. He's truly so precious.
8. I've always loved the idea of writing a book. It took me forever to think of how I could write one or if I even had the mentality to actually wrap my head around the process of writing one. Still trying here though. Catch me as an author come 2030 😉
9. My favorite foods consist of mashed potatoes, sushi, and the lemon ravioli from Piatti in La Jolla, CA. It's so GOOD that it's totally fun fact mention worthy.
10. I am in the process of teaching myself how to play piano and boy, is it hard! I've still got a long way to go but we're gettin' there!
11. I believe that my passion for fashion sprouted from my mom, grandma, and sister. My mom always had me dressed in the cutest outfits when I was younger (until I took over and went on this "no jeans" and only tracksuits and windbreakers thing for years...ah the joys of being an awkward child). My grandma (who passed away in 2017) was always the most stylish woman I knew. A majority of the coats and jackets you see in my posts were hers that she either gifted to me when she was alive, or that I kept once she passed. She had a keen eye for thrifting and always picked out the best styles (which is why a lot of my jackets are no longer in stock because they're older, timeless pieces). I also have always looked up to my sisters sense of style as well, and it was always fun being able to shop her closet when I was younger and needed something to wear, haha.
12. My dream job is to work with a major fashion company or publication as a writer or social media strategist.
13. I designed my blog completely on my own. I didn't buy a template, or use one that Wix (the CMS I use) offered. I started with a blank white slate and hours and hours and hours later , The Bleached Curl was born.
14. I came up with the name "The Bleached Curl" while sitting in my advertising class early spring of 2018. At that point, I'd had almost the entire website designed, but no name. I spent hours trying to find inspiration online, thinking of ideas and writing them down then bouncing them back and forth. I have pages of potential names, but never really liked any of them. At the time The Bleached Curl was thought up, I had blonde hair. I'm naturally a dark brunette, and I stayed blonde for a little over two years, bounced back to brown, then went back blonde (I'm indecisive, if you can't tell) and I also have really curly hair. And so one day in advertising class I was writing down ideas for blog names and The Bleached Curl popped into my head and it stuck. And alas, she was born.
15. I am a proud four-eyes club member.
16. I have a rare condition called Torticollis and I've had it since birth. It simply means that my neck muscles are contracted on my left side (essentially tighter and shorter) and it makes my head tilt/hang to the left side. So if you've ever wondered why my head is tilted in any of my pictures, this would be why. I’ve had two surgeries to release the muscle, but they weren’t that effective as I am a lazy bones when it comes to my physical therapy stretches. I've been getting texts daily from my mom after I post a picture saying "neck stretches. now." Lol.
18. I lived in New York for a month and studied at NYU. It was the first time I had ever even visited the city and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I've since been back three times and it just gets better and better each time. My goal is to live there at least for a few years some day. Check out my NYC Travel Guide here.
19. I love to talk... a lot. Which is why you may be able to presume why this post got a little out of hand length wise, I just couldn't stop!
20. I love to cook. It's so fun and it always feels so rewarding when you spend time making a dish and get to enjoy it after. If you have any good recipes, drop 'em here!
And so there is me in a nutshell. I'd love to hear if you guys have any similar interests of mine or have any questions/comments on any of my facts, so feel free to shoot me an email or DM on Instagram and I'll get back to you!
Thanks for reading, and check back later this week for a DIY Halloween Costume post where I'll be linking items and talking tons of easy DIY costumes for the upcoming Holiday!